As part of the finance team, you’ll play a key role in supporting and delivering massive changes that will improve the lives of everyone in Birmingham. There are all kinds of amazing regeneration projects planned or underway, including:
- HS2, which will secure Birmingham’s standing as a connected global city and bring new stations, jobs and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
- The 2022 Commonwealth Games. To prepare for this, we’re transforming sports venues and facilities, as well as extensively improving transport infrastructures around the city. After the games, the Athlete’s Village will be converted into 1,400 new homes.
- A commitment to being carbon neutral by 2030 and for Birmingham to lead the way in tackling climate change.
- The Midland Metro extension, which will create jobs, apprenticeships and training opportunities and provide a new connection to key destinations including Birmingham airport and the new HS2 stations.
- £1.5billion Smithfield housing development, which will reinvent our city centre and feature 2,000 new homes, a public square and new leisure and market facilities.
We want to see a city that is both an economic success story and one of reduced inequalities. A city in which, whatever anyone’s background, they have a chance to thrive. If you share that view and want to use your financial skills to change people’s lives for the better, join us. We’re confident your time at Birmingham City Council will be a highlight in your professional career.